Powered by Blogger.

Thinking With And: 101 Words

Friday, October 1, 2010

Introducing a new feature. My friend Jason encourages me, like John Wooden but in his own words to "be quick but don't hurry." In the spirit all of who create within the constraints of arbitrary rules (and honoring and surpassing Wilt): 101 words, no more no less.

...and it could be like this


I’ve lost patience.

Couldn't Lebron's Decision Spectacle (backlash included) be complex? Couldn't Lebron be narcissistic AND immature AND want to play with friends AND want a championship AND feel unsure AND want publicity AND want money? AND couldn't we feel annoyed AND jealous AND value loyalty AND stability? AND couldn't white men secretly resent wealthy, young, independent black men?

Couldn't this be about race AND class AND tribe AND...?

2 comments:

C Meade October 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

I don't have 101 words--I'm conditioned by Facebook and I just want to "like" this (and Deleuze and Whitman and hating on the new Heat and no Lebron in our division and ...)

Yago Colás October 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Thanks Chris, I also love hating the new Heat and I especially love the idea of them racking up 70+ reg season wins and then go down in the playoffs...TO THE PISTONS!!!!! bwahahaha

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP